Schedule & Events
2020 Schedule – April 27, Day One
NexGen Gaming Forum
Registration will be open all day to pick up your badges.
2:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Keynote Address: Joe Pappano
Joe Pappano, Senior Vice President, U.S. Gaming, Worldpay, From FIS
2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Finding Slot Floors of Tomorrow
While Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation still account for the overwhelming majority of casino slot play, survey after survey shows that the younger generations find slots boring. What happens as today’s slot players die out? Will the casino floor of tomorrow need an overhaul? Will it be the slot makers or the casino operators who drive change? Over what period will this transformation take place?
- Moderator: Roger Gros, Publisher, GGB Magazine
- Christopher Downey, Vice President, Casino Operations, Tropicana Casino and Resort
- Blaine Graboyes, Chief Executive Officer, GameCo
- Lauren Licuanan, Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development, Aristocrat Technologies Inc.
- Rick Meitzler, Chief Executive Officer, Novomatic Americas
- Marcus Yoder, Vice President, Gamblit Gaming
3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Networking and Refreshment Break
4:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
iGaming vs. iLottery – Defining their Lanes
As lotteries and casino operators look to igaming and sports betting as the means to attract younger demographics, clashes are already occurring. How can each industry find its lane and move from competition to cooperation? How do states that encouraged capital investment in casinos justify allowing an online lottery to compete against them? Are state lotteries becoming gaming companies?
- Moderator: William Egan, Senior Lottery Associate, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Peggy Daniel, US General Manager, The Lotter Group
- Jon Ford, State Senator, Indiana State Senate; Vice President, National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS)
- Brandt Iden, Representative, Michigan House of Representatives; Vice President, National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS)
- Richard Weil, President, Richard Weil Inc.
5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
What Does Esports in the U.S. Mean for Gaming?
Esports are hot, casinos want to host their tournaments, and the gaming industry generally wants to be associated with this emerging sport. But why? Are esports a casino attraction like boxing? Will it become the focus of betting? Has the gaming industry figured out exactly what it wants from esports – and vice versa?
- Moderator: Josh Faber, Director, Spectrum eSports Advisors
- Sam Chernak, Senior Vice-President, Complex Solutions and Connectivity, Comcast Business
- Ari Fox, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Gameacon
- Nicholas Heaney, Chief Executive Officer, Skrilla
- Alex Igelman, Principal, Spectrum eSports Advisors and Chairman, Millennial eSports Corp
- Aubrey Levy, Vice President of Content & Marketing, theScore
- Louis Rogacki, Deputy Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Rohini Sardana, Head of Product Propositions, Sports Information Services
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Welcome Cocktail Reception, at The Pool at Harrah’s Resort & Casino
Sponsored New Jersey Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (NJCRDA).
2020 Schedule – April 28, Day Two
East Coast Gaming Congress
8:20 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Keynote: Bill Miller
Bill Miller, President & Chief Executive Officer, American Gaming Association
9:00 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
CEO Presentation I: Holly Gagnon
Holly Gagnon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Seneca Gaming Corporation
9:20 a.m. - 9:40 a.m.
CEO Presentation II: Greg Carlin
Greg Carlin, Chief Executive Officer, Rush Street Gaming
9:40 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
Sponsored by Novomatic Americas
10:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
CEO Presentation III: Jay Dorris
Jay Dorris: President and Chief Executive Officer, PCI Gaming Authority
10:30 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
CEO Presentation IV: Mario Kontomerkos
Mario Kontomerkos, Chief Executive Officer, Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Gaming expansion continues unabated up and down the East Coast – from the new gaming resorts in Massachusetts to the ilottery in Pennsylvania to potential casinos in Virginia to “skill-based” games of dubious legality in bars and taverns seemingly everywhere. Who are the winners and losers? Are traditional gaming companies adapting fast enough? Can regulators move swiftly enough? Do states’ public policy decisions make sense?
- Moderator: Matt Doherty, Executive Director, New Jersey Casino Reinvestment Development Authority
- William Coley II, Senator, Ohio State Senate; President, National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS)
- Marcus Glover, President and Chief Operating Officer, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
- Phil Juliano, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Twin River Casino
- Kevin O’Toole, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- David Rebuck, Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
Bar-sinos, Stadium-sinos, and Other New Gaming Venues
The expansion of sports betting into non-traditional outlets such as stadiums, sports bars and other venues raises a number of questions – and opportunities. Will traditional regulatory requirements apply to these new patrons? How can this be addressed, and how can states make sure that the playing field is level? Are these venues an opportunity or a threat to traditional gaming operators? Is sports betting just the beginning for these venues?
- Moderator: Sherry Amos, Vice President of Marketing, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Joseph Asher, Chief Executive Officer, William Hill US
- Ridgely Bennett, Chief Counsel, District of Columbia Office of Lottery and Gaming
- Steve Callender, Senior Vice President of Eastern Regional Operations, Eldorado Resorts
- Wayne Kimmel, Managing Partner, SeventySix Capital
Women in Gaming
Challenges women face in the Gaming World will spotlight these prominent women in different fields who will provide insights and advice about challenges faced, work-life balance, and what the future holds for women in the gaming industry.
- Moderator: : Karla Perez-Larragoite, Vice President National Accounts, Sysco Corporation
- Erin Chamberlin, Senior Vice President, Regional Operations, Penn National Gaming
- Jennifer Galle, Regional Vice President of Marketing, Caesars Entertainment
- Terry Glebocki, Chief Executive Officer, Ocean Casino Resort
- Stephanie Lepori, Chief Administrative and Accounting Officer, Eldorado Resorts
- Karen Worman, Regional Vice President of Finance, AC Region, Caesars Entertainment
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Keynote Luncheon Address, by Honorable Phil Murphy, New Jersey Governor
Sponsored by SBTech
1:30 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.
CEO Presentation V: David Cordish
David Cordish: Chairman, The Cordish Companies
1:50 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
CEO Presentation VI: George Papanier
President and Chief Executive Officer, Twin River Worldwide Holdings
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Wall Street vs. Main Street
Does the increase in M&A activity and industry consolidation represent a shift in leverage and power from regulators and legislators to operators? As mergers and acquisitions among gaming companies continue, more states will find themselves in a position in which their licensees operate facilities in nearby states. This will put pressure on states to develop more investment-friendly regulatory and tax systems to keep capital, jobs and revenue from flowing to other jurisdictions.
- Moderator: Robert Heller, President and Chief Executive Officer, Spectrum Gaming Capital
- Chad Beynon, Managing Director, Macquarie Securities
- Duane Bouligny, Managing Director, Wells Fargo
- Steve Capp, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Twin River Worldwide Holdings
- Adam Rosenberg, Managing Director, Head of Gaming and Leisure, Fortress Investment Group
A View from the Suppliers
Technology providers are rapidly and radically changing the face of the gaming industry, from creating immersive electronic gaming devices to innovative mobile apps to creating whole new categories of gaming. In this session, the industry’s suppliers discuss the future of gaming across all segments and formats, both digitally and land-based.
- Moderator: Lynne Levin Kaufman, Partner, Cooper Levenson, Attorneys at Law
- Todd Haushalter, Chief Product Officer, Evolution Gaming
- Yaniv Sherman, Senior Vice President and Head of Commerical Development, 888 Holdings
- Mor Weizer, Chief Executive Officer, Playtech
- Adrian Farley, Vice President for Digital Policy and Strategy, FOX Corporation
- Michael Shorrock, Head of PlayDigital Innovation Lab, IGT
Food & Beverage
Driving Revenue through Food & Beverage Opportunities: Attendees will gain insight into creative and innovative concepts in food & beverage – from innovation and future trends in menus/food offerings to unique restaurant concepts.
- Moderator: Matt Sheahan, Senior Manager, National Accounts-Gaming, Sysco Corporation
- Chef Neil Doherty, Senior Director, Sysco Corporation
- Michael Doocey, Regional Vice President, Casino Operations, Spectra Food Services and Hospitality
- George Fiorile, President and Chief Executive Officer, 5 Diamond Development
- Betsy Schmandt, President, Famous Brands International
3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
3:45 p.m. - 4:05 p.m.
CEO Presentation VII: Thomas Reeg
Thomas Reeg, Chief Executive Officer, Eldorado Resorts
4:05 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
CEO Presentation VIII: James Allen
James Allen, Chief Executive Officer, Hard Rock International & Seminole Gaming